Another fan-service mod based on yet another cult-favorite movie/novel: Starship Troopers!
This mod, introduce the main antagonist: the Arachnid, or affectionately known as “Bugs” by the soldiers in the film, into the RimWorld. Now you can build an outpost on this forsaken planet and fight off these vile creatures, just like in the movies!
As the United Citizen Federation expanded its territory across the Galaxy, it came into contact with the Arachnid Species covering an area of it. The Federation initially considered the Arachnids to be a less advanced civilization. However, to avoid conflict, the region of space the Arachnids had colonized was Quarantined to prevent any humans settling within it. Despite this unofficial colonies were created, on Arachnid planets often ending in the Arachnid attacks of these poorly defended colonies leading to massacres.
After 5 consecutive Bug Wars against the Arachnids, the United Citizen Federation remains unable to prevent Arachnids’ spread in some parts of the known galaxy. While they were wiped out within the Glitterworlds’ systems, the “Bugs” had since expanded their territory into the Rim Worlds, where military operations against them is limited. However this became a huge threat to the new colonies that are currently being built on the Rim Worlds. They may only have just arrived in the Rim Worlds, but they will never stop until they conquer every single planet in the Rim Worlds.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE? : FEATURES
– 18 different arachnid invasions types that escalates over 3 years (so it wont be game ending before you are ready for them)
– 8 different bugs drawn from the Starship Troopers movie franchise (with 1 from a SST game)
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://walkingproblem.com/
FORUM LINK: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32625.0
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/starshiptroopers_arachnids-ver3-0/
STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928992405
DEVELOPER’S DISCORD: https://discord.gg/W2Vb27T
FACEBOOK PAGE: http://fb.com/walkingproblem
Simple SideArms – to ensure the mod do not cause TankerBugs and Plasma Bugs to stop using / dropped their range weapon totally upon getting hit/melee – please go to Mod Settings, and choose LoadOutOnly preset.
A hardcore addon to make bugs attacks more frequent.
In this addition, the Arachnids will be more active in attacking your colony
– Recommended for those players who are looking for a more “Starship Trooper-ish” experience.
– Recommended for those players who are finding the original Arachnid mod not challenging enough.
– Recommended for those players who are really proud of their colony’s defense and fortifications.
– Not recommended for noobs.
– Not recommended if you want a more balanced game that blends in well with other mods.
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/starshiptroopers_arachnids-ver3-0-hardcore-addon/
STEAM DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1166864112
VER 3.0 DEVELOPER’S NOTE
This is 3.0 is a massive massive update to the Arachnid mod. Altogether, the update literally make the mod 3 times bigger than it was in 2.2. Huge addition includes 4 new bugs (Plasma Grenadier Bug, Scorpion Bug, FireFly Bug, Bombardier Bug), from the 3rd Starship Troopers movie (SST Marauder) and the 4th movie (3D animation; SST Invasion) as well as from a SST game (FireFly Bug). In addition, I added custom dessicated graphics for all the bugs for a more immersive play.
The most significant of the new bugs, is the Scorpion Bug. Scorpion Bugs is the siege machine of the Arachnids, and it primary purpose is to deconstruct walls of well fortified colonies that had been sheltering the players from virtually every raiding threats in all of Rimworld universe. Scorpion Bugs are the heaviest armored unit in the Arachnids military and any breach of the defense will allow the rampaging Arachnid army to pour through the hole created by the Scorpion.
Huge changes are also made to the Tanker Bug and the Plasma Bug. Tanker Bug now have a new flame throwing weapon, which mimics the movie closer, that causes massive fire every time goes into battle. Tanker Bug’s armor and health is also revamped in concurrent with the addition of the Scorpion Bug, to make them very resilient against firearms, but not against other type of attacks. Plasma Bug also had its weapon totally modified, now able to fire over walls and mountains, with its range double; but accuracy is made terrible. However Plasma Bug’s health is greatly reduced, to make it more fragile like it seemed in the movie; its melee attack is also nerfed to ensure game balance as well as lore-accuracy.
With new bugs comes new tactics and strategy by the Arachnids to bring hell to your colony. As a result, the number of incidents expanded from 6 in 2.2, to 18 in 3.0. Existing 6 incidents are also revamped and renamed accordingly to the rest of the added incidents. The incidents will gradually escalate in complexity/difficulty and you will only likely to meet the ultimate invasion (All Out Assault) after 3 years, so there is plenty of opportunity to learn and survive.
The most distinct of the new incidents, is the Arachnid Infestation, where the bugs starts to conquer land on your map. Over time the hive will expand underground and add more “hive holes” for bugs to pour out of. A fully matured Arachnid hive will be extremely difficult to take out, so you are advised to take them out early before they becomes your permanent neighbor.
All the bugs had strength and weaknesses and its up to you to find out how to defeat them. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE? Join my discord channel.
CHANGELOG VER 3.0
– Added 4 more new Bugs: Plasma Grenadier Bug, Scorpion Bug, FireFly Bug, Bombardier Bug
– Totally revamped the invasion incidents: changing/improving the existing 6, and expand it to 18 incidents.
— All Out Assault
— Giant Assault
— Fire Assault
— Hopper Air Infiltration
— FireFly Air Infiltration
— Air Raid
— Escorted Giant Assault
— Warrior Siege
— Plasma Support Assault
— Plasma Bombardment
— Scorpion Bug Threat
— Tanker Bug Threat
— Plasma Grenadier Assault
— Warrior Encirclement
— Warrior Raid
— Bombardier Entrapment
— Bombardier Bombardment
— Arachnid Infestation
– All incident’s frequency and delayed first attack (ranging from 2 season to 3 years)
– Changed Tanker Bug’s attack into a more realistic flamethrower
– Plasma Bug’s plasma burst can now fly over walls and mountains
– Plasma Bug’s plasma burst explosion radius reduced and made very inaccurate
– Added custom codes for Plasma Bug’s targeting without line of sight
– Added custom codes for Scorpion Bug attacking of structures
– Created custom codes for Bombardier’s IED ability
– Graphic size of Hopper and Warrior Bug is reduced
– Armor for Tanker Bug is revamped to make it very resilient to Firearms
– Added dessicated graphics for all bugs
CHANGELOG VER 2.2
– Added Mod Update Note to inform Steam users about Mod being updated.
– Redid spawning codes so that Warriors bugs no longer spawn and move in the same cell
– Hopper Bugs attacks will now be dropped across the colony instead of into just one cell
– Added Arachnid Encirclement incident: warrior bugs to encircle and surround the colony on spawn
– Added Arachnid Giant Bugs incident: tanker-plasma bug combination attack
– Adjustment to Bugs invasion incident’s likelihood
– Bug invasions will only happen after 2 seasons.
– More serious invasions will only happen after a year.
CHANGELOG VER 2.1
– Added Plasma Bugs
– Added codes to forbid Hoppers dropping into mountain room/caves
– Added texture for Plasma Bug’s plasma burst and Tanker Bug’s fire burst
– Added Plasma Bugs Bombardment incident
– Reduced likelihood and frequency of Bugs invasion incidents.
CHANGELOG VER 2.0
– Updated to A17
– Total revamp of how aggression is generated
– Brand new behaviors for Arachnids
– Arachnids will actively hunt down all non-insect faction pawns
– Tanker Bugs now have powerful ranged flamed based weapon
– Special custom coded behavior for Tanker Bugs to switch between ranged and melee attacks
– Added Hopper Bugs
– New/Revamped incident: Heavy Assault (All 3 species of bugs combining to devastating effect)
– New incident: Aerial Assault (Hopper Bugs will invade from above)
– Balancing to numbers of bugs spawned