Another fan-service mod based on yet another cult-favorite movie/novel: Starship Troopers!
This mod, introduce the main antagonist: the Arachnid, or affectionately known as “Bugs” by the soldiers in the film, into the RimWorld. Now you can build an outpost on this forsaken planet and fight off these vile creatures, just like in the movies!
As the United Citizen Federation expanded its territory across the Galaxy, it came into contact with the Arachnid Species covering an area of it. The Federation initially considered the Arachnids to be a less advanced civilization. However, to avoid conflict, the region of space the Arachnids had colonized was Quarantined to prevent any humans settling within it. Despite this unofficial colonies were created, on Arachnid planets often ending in the Arachnid attacks of these poorly defended colonies leading to massacres.
After 5 consecutive Bug Wars against the Arachnids, the United Citizen Federation remains unable to prevent Arachnids’ spread in some parts of the known galaxy. While they were wiped out within the Glitterworlds’ systems, the “Bugs” had since expanded their territory into the Rim Worlds, where military operations against them is limited. However this became a huge threat to the new colonies that are currently being built on the Rim Worlds. They may only have just arrived in the Rim Worlds, but they will never stop until they conquer every single planet in the Rim Worlds.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE? : FEATURES
– 19 different arachnid invasions types that escalates over 3 years (so it wont be game ending before you are ready for them)
– 8 different bugs drawn from the Starship Troopers movie franchise (with 1 from a SST game)
FORUM LINK: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32625.0
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/1-0-starshiptroopers-arachnids-ver5-0/
STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928992405
ADVANCED ANIMAL FRAMEWORKS REQUIRED: http://walkingproblem.com/2018/11/18/1-0-advanced-animal-frameworks-3-1/
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://walkingproblem.com/
DEVELOPER’S DISCORD: https://discord.gg/W2Vb27T
FACEBOOK PAGE: http://fb.com/walkingproblem
SUPPORT ME ON PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/walkingproblem
Simple SideArms – to ensure the mod do not cause TankerBugs and Plasma Bugs to stop using / dropped their range weapon totally upon getting hit/melee – please go to Mod Settings, and choose LoadOutOnly preset.
A hardcore addon to make bugs attacks more frequent.
In this addition, the Arachnids will be more active in attacking your colony
– Recommended for those players who are looking for a more “Starship Trooper-ish” experience.
– Recommended for those players who are finding the original Arachnid mod not challenging enough.
– Recommended for those players who are really proud of their colony’s defense and fortifications.
– Not recommended for noobs.
– Not recommended if you want a more balanced game that blends in well with other mods.
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/starshiptroopers-arachnids-ver4-1-hardcore-addon/
STEAM DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1166864112
CHANGELOG VER 5.0
– Updated to Rimworld 1.0
– Scorpion Bugs now attacks colonists’ buildings instead of “deconstruct”
– Scorpion Bugs now attacks enemies like any other bugs
– Plasma Bug, Plasma Grenadiers and Tanker Bugs “bullets” are now resized to their “correct size”
– There might be changes to the stats of various bugs, as part of the update.
– Introduced “Arachnid Exoskeleton” as the leather, instead of “arachnid leather”, which is extremely good in its own way
– Now you can acquire Arachnid Legs from Warrior Bugs, Hopper Bugs and Firefly Bugs corpse, which can be used as an effective melee weapon
– Butchering giant bugs will give you Arachnid Carapace, a new high value and extremely high quality building materials, perfect for making weapons and structures
– There might be other changes, which I cannot remember due to the size of the update
CHANGELOG VER 4.2
– Tanker Bug armor and health increased
– Bombardier Bug explosion on death reduced, slight increase in triggered explosion
CHANGELOG VER 4.1
– Revamped the entire air attack mechanics
– Added a new incident: Arachnid Sustained Air Raid
– Bombardier Bug’s explosion is nerfed
– Hopper Bugs and FireFly Bugs no longer drop down in pods, but as themselves
– All air attack incidents are revamped
CHANGELOG VER 4.0
– Updated to B18
– The melee attacks may feel a little different due to the B18’s new melee system
CHANGELOG VER 3.0
– Added 4 more new Bugs: Plasma Grenadier Bug, Scorpion Bug, FireFly Bug, Bombardier Bug
– Totally revamped the invasion incidents: changing/improving the existing 6, and expand it to 18 incidents.
— All Out Assault
— Giant Assault
— Fire Assault
— Hopper Air Infiltration
— FireFly Air Infiltration
— Air Raid
— Escorted Giant Assault
— Warrior Siege
— Plasma Support Assault
— Plasma Bombardment
— Scorpion Bug Threat
— Tanker Bug Threat
— Plasma Grenadier Assault
— Warrior Encirclement
— Warrior Raid
— Bombardier Entrapment
— Bombardier Bombardment
— Arachnid Infestation
– All incident’s frequency and delayed first attack (ranging from 2 season to 3 years)
– Changed Tanker Bug’s attack into a more realistic flamethrower
– Plasma Bug’s plasma burst can now fly over walls and mountains
– Plasma Bug’s plasma burst explosion radius reduced and made very inaccurate
– Added custom codes for Plasma Bug’s targeting without line of sight
– Added custom codes for Scorpion Bug attacking of structures
– Created custom codes for Bombardier’s IED ability
– Graphic size of Hopper and Warrior Bug is reduced
– Armor for Tanker Bug is revamped to make it very resilient to Firearms
– Added dessicated graphics for all bugs
CHANGELOG VER 2.2
– Added Mod Update Note to inform Steam users about Mod being updated.
– Redid spawning codes so that Warriors bugs no longer spawn and move in the same cell
– Hopper Bugs attacks will now be dropped across the colony instead of into just one cell
– Added Arachnid Encirclement incident: warrior bugs to encircle and surround the colony on spawn
– Added Arachnid Giant Bugs incident: tanker-plasma bug combination attack
– Adjustment to Bugs invasion incident’s likelihood
– Bug invasions will only happen after 2 seasons.
– More serious invasions will only happen after a year.
CHANGELOG VER 2.1
– Added Plasma Bugs
– Added codes to forbid Hoppers dropping into mountain room/caves
– Added texture for Plasma Bug’s plasma burst and Tanker Bug’s fire burst
– Added Plasma Bugs Bombardment incident
– Reduced likelihood and frequency of Bugs invasion incidents.
CHANGELOG VER 2.0
– Updated to A17
– Total revamp of how aggression is generated
– Brand new behaviors for Arachnids
– Arachnids will actively hunt down all non-insect faction pawns
– Tanker Bugs now have powerful ranged flamed based weapon
– Special custom coded behavior for Tanker Bugs to switch between ranged and melee attacks
– Added Hopper Bugs
– New/Revamped incident: Heavy Assault (All 3 species of bugs combining to devastating effect)
– New incident: Aerial Assault (Hopper Bugs will invade from above)
– Balancing to numbers of bugs spawned
Starship Troopers Arachnid 4.1: All Out Assault
This is a demo of how the new All Out Assault incident looks like in Starship Troopers Arachnid Mod 4.1.
But fret not, this incident do not happen until the 3rd year of your colony. =P