Have you find it lame to plant your own food just to find it insufficient to get past the winter?
Did you felt that insane need to strangle all those trade caravans pawns that never brings you what you need?
Or have you just always want to build a carpentry business to sell your lovely furnitures without needing to worry about food and lack of timber?
Then this is the mod for you!
Introducing the Trading Economy mod!
Just as the same of the mod suggest, this mod introduces “real trading” into the world of Rimworld. Graduate from your rimworld life of living like a overdue cavemen, into the industrialised modern world of Capitalism and never needing to know how your food got slaughtered!
This mod introduces 6 different multi-system corporations that had set up their operations on your local planet. Each of them plays a different key role in the rimworld’s economy, offering vital products that sustains all economic activities on the planet.
Walkblem Agricultural Conglomerate
Perhaps the most important and influential corporation in the RimWorld Systems. They dominates all agricultural sectors, including farming, forestry, animal husbandry, etc… Providing colonies and regional military forces vital food, timber and animal supplies. If you need grains, fruits, vegetables, wood, cloths, leather, pets or farm animals – this is the company that you need to look out for!
– Animal Produce
Walkblem Mining Corporations
The biggest mining operations in the RimWorlds are without doubt, owned and run by the mighty Walkblem Mining Corporation. Not only to they mine all form of minerals and precious metals, they also operates industrial scale brick making operation, promising the best building materials you can find. If you need bricks of all materials, all type of metals (including uranium) or precious materials like Gold or Jade – this is the company you should call.
– Sandstone Blocks
– Granite Blocks
– Limestone Blocks
– Slate Blocks
– Marble Blocks
As long as they are people, there are the Big Pharmas. Walkblem Pharmaceuticals is definitely the go to place for all your medical supply needs. Medicine, Drugs or Body Parts – they have them all! (Bionics included!)
They are amongst the giants of the great technological firms in the Glitter Worlds. The company venture into the Rim Worlds as they seek to fill up the market gaps that exists in this new frontier, as the lack of glitter tech products in the region promises great profits and rewards for the company. If you need hard to find or produced products like components, chemfuels, neutroamine, hi-tech fabrics, AI Core, Neurotrainer or simply some nice electronics for your comfort – Walkblem Technologies is the key!
Walkblem Military Industrial Complex
Among the very first of the companies under Walkblem Galactic Holdings to venture into the RimWorlds, this notorious corporation had been supplying arms to both the light and the dark forces without reservations. Lawsuits are still underway for the alleged supplying of arms to pirates and incite wars on multiple planets, WMIC continues to be the primary supplier of high grade military weapons in the region. Modern firearms, or medieval weaponry, advanced armor or base defense turrets – they have them all!
– Medieval Weapons
– Armor and Grenades
Walkblem Galactic Tradings
The best friend to all colonies and industrial upstarts in the RimWorlds, these are the guys that help to bring your products to the mass markets of the Glitter Worlds. Extremely resourceful at find buyers for all kind of products, they are willing to buy anything you are able to offer them, in exchange for the vital silver coins that everyone needs to be part of the great trading economy. If you intend to mass produce products, and you are looking for a buyer with the deep pockets to buy them all – there can be no one else than Walkblem Galactic Tradings.
– Trading Buyer
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://walkingproblem.com/
FORUM LINK: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35551.0
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/trading-economy-ver1-3/
STEAM DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1130945311
DEVELOPER’S DISCORD: https://discord.gg/W2Vb27T
FACEBOOK PAGE: http://fb.com/walkingproblem
FACEBOOK DISCUSSION GROUP: http://fb.com/groups/walkingproblemstudios/
VER 1.4 DEVELOPER’S NOTE
I was informed that there are some problem with the mod where they are unable to call for trade caravans due to the “faction leader unavailable”.
Finally, after some digging, the problem is finally resolved.
VER 1.3 DEVELOPER’S NOTE
This is a Walkblem gears balancing update, as the previous update was a quick patch to solve immediate issues while balancing was put aside. After extensive testing and balancing, the Walkblem weapons and gears are now more balanced and with the correct pricing reflected. Weapons are still powerful, but not invincible. Resolved some bugs like gears cannot be moved to storage as well as the lack of food by the soldiers. Trade caravans are now well defended but no longer as invincible/OP – although there is also no longer any needs to do that after severely nerfing the amount of wealth brought by the caravans. The Walkblem gears and weapons are now available for sale, only at Walkblem Military Industrial Complex bases/colonies – but they are very expensive – and rightly so, as they are the most state of the art weaponry in the galaxy. This update also marks the return of the explosive rounds for the Walkblem Charge Rifle, the 1.2 version of the rifle just doesnt feel right – now the Walkblem rifle is powerful but not overpowered – it only does small damages with every round, but every round causes serious bleeding injuries to its victims – giving it a form of balance. Walkblem Power Armor now works more as a Powered Suit, giving dodging and carry buffs for the users. Walkblem smokepop now covers a bigger area, to provide cover for the entire squad, complimenting the Walkblem military’s warfare tactics. Hope this update makes the game more fun for you!
VER 1.2 DEVELOPER’S NOTE
A quick patch to the 1.1, as serious vunerabilities was reported by players regarding how wild animals can easily cause huge friendly fire problems. As a result, trade caravans are now protected by GunBladers and Snipers. Walkblem Charge Sniper Rifle and Walkblem Charge Rifle are nerfed as well. Charge Rifles no longer have explosive rounds, Sniper Rifles explosion is reduced. All Walkblem weapons will also self-destruct on drop, to prevent OP weapons falling into players hands. Unintended error of the Walkblem Rifles being able to be crafted is also amended to be not craftable. I have also nerfed the amount of goods brought in by the caravans, as well as drastically reducing further the amount of money brought by the Galactic Tradings Corporation. The caravans will now no longer be worth raiding. If you have more products to sell/buy, then you should send your own caravans.
VER 1.1 DEVELOPER’S NOTE
Replaced Trade Caravan escorts from Mercenaries to Walkblem Soldiers. This update is to prevent players from raiding Walkblem Corp’s caravans too easily. Goodwill of all 6 factions had also been reduced by half, to prevent an exploit discovered during testing. This change in goodwill however will not affect saved games that had already ran Trading Economy 1.0.
VER 1.4 CHANGELOG:
– Added Walkblem Executive
– Resolved faction leader unavailable bug
VER 1.3 CHANGELOG:
– Added unique textures for all 3 Walkblem weapons
– Explosive round returns to Walkblem Charge Rifle, but damage significantly reduced, accuracy is also reduced at long range.
– Walkblem Sniper Rifle damage increased, but ranged is greatly reduced
– Walkblem Power Armor is now Walkblem Powered Armor Suit, added improved dodging, improve melee accuracy and increase carrying capacity
– Walkblem Smokepop Belt now covers a bigger radius to cover entire squad
– Walkblem Power Armor Helmet is slightly nerfed.
– All Walkblem gears prices are adjusted according to its usefulness
– All Walkblem gears are for sale at Walkblem Military Industrial Complex centers.
– All Walkblem weapons will no longer disappear on drop
– Walkblem gears cannot be haul to storage bug resolved
– Backstories added for all Walkblem Gears
– Gave food to Walkblem Soldiers (previously missing)
– Walkblem Soldier is now assigned as the trader
– Now Walkblem military forces, despite still stronger than most factions, is now more beatable.
VER 1.2 CHANGELOG:
– Added Walkblem Gunbladers
– Walkblem’s caravans are now protected by Walkblem Gunbladers and Walkblem Snipers
– Walkblem Soldier will only appear in Walkblem raids
– Walkblem weapons will all self destruct on drop
– Walkblem Charge Rifle will no longer have explosive rounds
– Walkblem Sniper Rifle’s explosive round is now smaller in explosive radius
– All caravans now carries significantly lesser wealth.
– Walkblem weapons and apparels should not be craftable or purchase-able.
VER 1.1 CHANGELOG:
– Added Walkblem Soldiers
– Added Walkblem Charge Rifle (not for sale)
– Added Walkblem Charge Sniper Rifle (not for sale)
– Replaced escorts of Walkblem Corps’ caravan with Walkblem Soldiers
– Reduced starting Goodwill of Walkblem Corps factions to 0~50
– Reduced amount of silvers brought by Walkblem Galactic Trading Corporations
– To provide add-ons for resources, items and weapons from other popular mods